Netflix Translators for White Label Productions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rejecting a title

3 posters

Go down

Rejecting a title Empty Rejecting a title

Post by Stellieboy Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:57 pm

Hi there!

I've been doing QC on a series that has been so badly done that I need to correct about 600 to 700 out of every 1000 titles. I did the first six before I realised I need to reject them instead, so that the translator can have the opportunity of correcting them himself.

Now I have two questions about this:
1. Will I receive payment for rejected titles? Or will the titles come back to me after the originator has corrected them?
2. When I press 'reject' and choose a reason, I get the following error message. What does it mean and how can I reject a title? transitionLabel.reject_proofing transition failed. Invalid Issues File

Thanks a lot!
Stella

Stellieboy

Back to top Go down

Rejecting a title Empty Re: Rejecting a title

Post by Frederico.Amatto Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:49 pm

That is a very good question. It would be great if someone could clarify that. I myself have not taken on a QC task yet, but I have had two files rejected and when I checked the catalogue comments, it was only a couple of mistakes such as: missing a full stop, or a comma, or missing a capital letter. So my question is: should you indeed reject a file just because of that? I thought it would be easier and quicker for the QC linguist to fix it and then approve the file straightaway. Please let me know what you think.Smile

Frederico.Amatto

Back to top Go down

Post by Stellieboy Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:52 am

I personally think a file should be rejected if a mistake is recurring and will likely cause trouble again in the future. Typo's and individual mistakes in interpunction are, I think, not really reasons for a QC fail.

Stellieboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Stellieboy Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:46 pm

Hi all,

Just to let you know I eventually figured out what the problem was.
Apparently you need to filter for 'blockers' and resolve those before you are able to reject a title.
I believe I couldn't send the rejected titles because I had added an annotation to the first title, listing what the problems with that title were.
But then that resulted in a blocker because I hadn't specified what the problem with that translation was (there wasn't one, I just added a note, but oh well).
So if anyone else ever encounters this problem:

MAKE SURE THAT THERE ARE NO BLOCKERS IN THE FILE! :-)

Stellieboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Viviam Sat May 25, 2019 10:44 pm

Hi all!

I'm facing the same issue. How can I reject this file (as a QC Fail) so it can return to the translator? I can only see the option "reject", and some options there, but there are no options for "bad translation" and "missing subtitles". In fact, if I work on it, I'll have to retranslate the entire file.

Any ideas?
Viviam
Viviam

Back to top Go down

Post by Stellieboy Mon May 27, 2019 4:49 pm

Hi Viviam,

If I'm correct, there is no way of sending it back to the translator.
What you can do is inform Netflix that the file is very very bad (you'll need to prove this - what I did was filter all the 'text issues' and took a screenshot of that) and ask to be paid as if it were an origination title. I have done this twice so far and Netflix saw my point and paid me the amount for origination.

Let me know if this works for you!

Stellieboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum