Netflix Translators for White Label Productions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

QC Fail Issue

2 posters

Go down

QC Fail Issue Empty QC Fail Issue

Post by Viviam Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:32 pm

Hello everyone!

I'm Viviam, PT-Br subtitler. I've been facing a problem for a while and I really don't know what to do. I had subtitled an entire series and the QC is rejecting the Forced Narratives. The main problem is that I had read the show guide and there it says that these FNs should not be dubbed, only translated. I had done that and the proofreader is saying that there is a redundant event, because - on the opposite of that show guide asked for - these FNs were dubbed. Besides, removing the FNs is going to be a problem for those viewers that would watch the series in the original audio.  Now, I do not know what to do. Should I remove these FNs or reject the QC task? Question

Thank you!
Viviam
Viviam

Back to top Go down

QC Fail Issue Empty Re: QC Fail Issue

Post by vydarius Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:28 am

I'm interested this question and I'm waiting for an official response.

But according to the material, the FN working like this:
- Audience can turn FN on/off as they watch the video with subtitle.
- When a program is dubbed, only the FN needed to be shown because usually FN are not dubbed, not the subtitle, that why they make it FN, not subtitle.

What you describe is only an exception where a FN is also dubbed, I think this FN is important so the studio in charge of the task decided dubbed it / or they dubbed it by mistake. In either case, the FN should be kept, obviously.
Just my opinion.

I also have a question to ask.
When the FN overlap the subitle (in term of timing), should I try to "scale" the FN's timing to avoid timing-overlap? Or should I position it on top?

Beside, still no task for my langue. Just trying to grab some idea.

vydarius

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum