Netflix Translators for White Label Productions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New translator in need of some help!

2 posters

Go down

New translator in need of some help! Empty New translator in need of some help!

Post by Lovise Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:16 am

Hi all!

I'm a new translator for Norwegian. I passed my test some months back, but haven't been able to take on assignments until now. This means the platform has changed a lot since I did my training, and I was hoping I could ask for some help here. Apologies in advance if some of the questions might be a bit silly, I just want to make sure I get it as right as possible to avoid any trouble for the person who will be my QC Smile

* When I first did my training I had to flag/tagg every subtitle with a reason (like "subtitle missing", "condensed translation" "timing" etc). I can't find this feature anymore. Has it been removed? Do I still have to make notes when I edit time codes?

* Do you generally tend to do all the translation first, and then do edits, change time codes etc. after? Or do you do it as you go? What are the pros and cons for different approaches?

Looking forward to hearing from you guys!

Lovise

Back to top Go down

New translator in need of some help! Empty Re: New translator in need of some help!

Post by Viviam Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:42 pm

Hi Lovise! Welcome to the team!

Let's see if I can help you.

For your first question, don't worry. The flags are just for QC purposes. When you are authoring, they will not be used.

And, for your second question, well... I think it's up to you. I usually watch the entire video first, then start authoring and, after that, I change the time codes, shot changes and that. Sometimes I also leave some subtitles in blank and return to them after I finish the whole task. I don't know why, but it usually works for me.

Viviam
Viviam

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum